ALL 2014 MUSIC FESTIVAL WRISTBANDS ARE NOW SOLD OUT!
How Online Wristband Sales Work
SXSW has set the discount price of $189 (including tax) for the first batch of SXSW Music Festival wristbands to be sold online and available only for residents of the Austin area. Wristbands go on sale Thursday, February 6, at 10am.
An individual can buy two wristbands – one must be in the name of the credit cardholder and the second must be assigned to an individual named at the time of purchase.
The discount wristbands will only be sold over the internet, and will require a valid credit card with an Austin area billing address. Click here for a list of approved zip codes
There are no refunds or transfers of wristbands. If you buy more than the two wristbands permitted, you will not be able to give or sell them to other people. Before purchasing a second wristband make sure the second person you buy a wristband for has not made other arrangements and is definitely able to attend SXSW. There will be no refunds or name transfers after purchase.
You will be sent a confirmation email which will include instructions for picking up your wristband. You must bring a valid form of photo ID to redeem your wristband. Your wristband will be placed on your wrist at time of pick up.
Why all the rules?
This online system is being implemented to ensure that the majority of wristbands sold go to Austin's music fans (rather than scalpers and re-sellers), and to save them the inconvenience of getting in line hours before they go on sale to be sure of getting one.
SXSW will not sell, distribute, or otherwise disclose any personal information obtained in the process of placing your order. This may be the only advance sale of SXSW 2014 Music Festival Wristbands to the public. Additional wristbands will go on sale the week of the event, at a higher price.
1. You must provide a valid credit card with funds available to purchase the number of wristbands you request (up to 2).
2. The purchaser will provide their name, phone number, e-mail, valid credit card number and expiration date, billing address, drivers license number or valid government-issued ID number. The billing zip code must be listed in the approved greater Austin area list.
3. A second wristband may be purchased by providing a separate name and e-mail address. These wristbands are non-transferable and nonrefundable.
4. Each named person must personally pick up his or her wristband (which will be put on his or her wrist at that time) at the Austin Convention Center from March 11 through March 15.
5. Each person may only buy one wristband for themselves and one friend. Any person who succeeds in purchasing multiple wristbands will be charged, but will not be able to use them for other people other than the one friend named at the time of purchase. Click here for an approved greater Austin area list.
Rules For Wristband Pick-up:
1. Each individual must pick up his or her own wristband and will need to present a drivers license or valid government-issued photo ID to claim his or her SXSW wristband.
2. The wristband will be fastened on an individual's wrist at time of pick up and may not be removed until the festival is over.
3. An individual may not pick up a wristband for someone else.
1. All SXSW Wristbands are non-transferable / non-refundable. No exceptions.
2. Tampering with the SXSW Wristband will invalidate the wristband. Stretching, tearing, taping or cutting of SXSW wristbands is not permitted. If wristband tampering is evident, the wristband will be voided and the wearer will be refused entry to any / all SXSW venues.
3. When purchasing 1 or 2 wristbands, the authorized purchaser must be one of the wristband recipients.
4. Most SXSW Music Festival venues have minimum age requirements. Authorized SXSW wristband holders are not exempt from venue-specific age restrictions.
5. DO NOT attempt to buy more than one wristband for yourself and one for a friend, because there will be no refunds or assignments of the wristbands you purchase to other names.
6. Wristbands guarantee no cover. Admission subject to legal capacity. Many venues fill up. Badges get priority entry.